Femspec Books and Productions shares the publishing process of Femspec. Consult our ethics of editing for more information.
Only subscribers may submit to Femspec.
Send submissions to:
1610 Rydalmount Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Please submit two copies of your piece without any indication of your name so that your piece may be read anonymously. Include a separate sheet with the title and genre of your piece, your name, address, email, phone, and a two-sentence abstract.
All submissions should conform to MLA standards, as found in the latest edition of the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. MLA guidelines can also be found on-line at http://www.mla.org. Any submission that does not come in with sufficient copies will not be sent through the review process at our expense. You will be asked for an electronic submission at a later date.
Process for Book Submissions
- Subscribe to Femspec at femspec.org.
- Submit an excerpt of 50 pages or less following procedures stated above.
- Explain in the submission process that you have a book length manuscript that you would like us to consider publishing as a special issue as well as the excerpt. Describe the book, the genre, the intended audience, and your qualifications as an author to reach this audience as well as your marketing plan and what you could do to help us reach out.
- The excerpt will go through the normal peer review process.
- At the end of the process, we will either
- reject the excerpt and say we are not interested in pursuing publication;
- accept the excerpt for publication;
- request revisions of the piece;
- request to see the entire manuscript for publication of a special issue;
- initiate discussion as a publication as a product of Femspec Books and Productions, which would require submission of the entire manuscript and a pricing process which would require your contribution. A publication as a special issue or as a piece within a general issue would not.
Special issues, products of Femspec Books and Productions, or general issues with your piece are available in bulk to buy at a twenty percent author's discount, so that you may buy and promote your products at speaking events and on your own.
We also have available on a contract basis press release services, eblasts, and books on CD, travel drive or ebooks productions which can get your product distributed in alternative forms.
Finally, if you publish an entire book with us, either as a special issue or as a Femspec Book production, you may contract for book review services by people in our networks, and for an interview in Femspec by a member of our team to give you additional exposure.
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your manuscript. Please read our webpage at femspec.org to determine whether your manuscript is a good fit with us prior to submission.